ReFirme™ Skin Tightening Treatments will reverse the signs of aging through this non-invasive, less painful alternative for those who want firmer, less lax skin, and no recovery time required. You’ll experience a lifting effect and feel how your skin becomes tighter, smoother, and more elastic. ReFirme™ Skin Tightening is ideal for targeting those telltale signs of aging, including jowl and neck laxity, sagginess under the eyes, & brow lowering.
A safe infrared light and radio frequency heat the dermis (a lower layer of the skin) well below the skin’s surface and it tightens and lifts existing collagen fibers. During the procedure, the skin’s surface (epidermis) is protected through continuous cooling with a mobile air conditioning unit with a narrow hose to point cold air in a specific direction i.e. at the area being treated. New collagen growth follows the procedure, further tightening and lifting, creating a more youthful complexion with fewer lines, folds, and lax skin.
NUMBER OF TREATMENTS REQUIRED
It really depends on the condition of your skin and your desired results. Some clients experience immediate visible results while others see a gradual change (3 to 6 months) as the new collagen is formed and the skin tightens. We work with you to develop a results oriented plan that fits your goals and budget. Most of our patients invest in at least three treatments. The best plan is to visit the spa for your complimentary consultation. Your Medical Aesthetician will personalize a treatment plan for maximum results.
FIRM HEALTHY SKIN!
Ambrosia utilizes Syneron elos technology. It is the only laser available that combines radio frequency and light energies to stimulate your collagen production. This produces a firming effect in sagging skin. Mild to moderate wrinkles are resolved and skin texture becomes smoother and more elastic. Some clients experience immediate visible results while others see a gradual change (3 to 6 months) as the new collagen is formed and the skin tightens.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Under the supervision of our Medical Director, our licensed Medical Aesthetician will perform a complete medical history to make sure you are a good candidate for ReFirme™ Skin Tightening Treatments.
- We will determine your skin type based on the Fitzpatrick scale in order to determine the accurate laser settings.
- While lying on one of Ambrosia’s extra wide, heated reclining medical beds, your Medical Aesthetician clean the area to be treated with alcohol and a cotton bandage.
- Your Medical Aesthetician will then apply a gel (similar in feel to Aloe Vera gel) to the area to be treated.
- The tip of the laser will be placed on the surface of your skin. A cooling tip at the end of the laser cools the epidermis (outer layer of the skin). The repetitive pulses of infared light and radio frequency heat the dermis (a lower layer of the skin) and stimulate your own collagen growth. Most clients describe the feeling during treatment as a “warming” sensation.
- Once the area has been treated your Medical Aesthetician will clean off the remaining gel and apply topical calming cream to your skin. Sun screen will also be applied before you leave the spa.
- Immediately following the procedure a soothing post-treatment cream and sunscreen is applied. Generalized pinkness of the skin is a common immediate reaction from this treatment. This typically resolves within 30 minutes but can last longer. Localized redness of the skin may be present and typically resolves within 24.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT REFIRME™
Can any skin type be treated?
Yes. ReFirme™ Skin Tightening Treatments are safe for all skin types.
When will I see results?
Some clients experience immediate visible results while others see a gradual change (3 to 6 months) as the new collagen is formed and the skin tightens.
Does it hurt?
No. ReFirme™ Skin Tightening Treatments are very comfortable and requires no topical anesthetics or other skin preparations. There’s no surgery, no sedation, and no downtime. Most patients return to normal activities immediately after treatment.
How long do treatments take?
Most procedures take just over an hour.
How much does it cost?
Individual cost varies depending on your age, the condition of your skin, your desired results and the area you’d like treated… face, neck, eyes, jowls, under arm etc. Treatments range from a few hundred to a few thousand depending on the area and whether or not you buy a series of treatments.