Laser Hair Reduction Treatments
Our Laser Hair Treatments deliver permanent reduction of unwanted hair on all parts of your body - with minimal discomfort. We offer the latest laser hair reduction technology that is safe and effective for all skin types.
Powered by the revolutionary elōs Technology, Syneron Hair Removal systems are setting new standards of speed, safety, and efficacy, in the removal of even minimally-pigmented hair colors, and all skin tones, including tanned skin.
Results using conventional optical only systems are limited because they operate indirectly by superheating the melanin in the hair shaft and hope for enough collateral thermal damage. Syneron Systems achieve superior results because they precisely target and destroy the hair follicle through a process known as Vortex heating.
Using revolutionary elōs Technology, our systems first preheat the target using optical energy, which creates a thermal path on which the radio frequency (RF) travels. RF is delivered directly to the hair follicle, which cannot conduct RF. The build-up of current density results in 4x heat coefficient thermal transfer. Under 80X magnification, distinct peri-follicular coagulation or bleaching is evident. The hair follicle is terminally disabled and denatured.
Number of Laser Hair Treatments Required
Lasers can only treat the hair follicles that are actively growing. At any given time, only 20-30% of your follicles are active, which is why repeat treatments are needed. Most clients need four to six treatments. The number of treatments you’ll need will depend on the thickness of your hair, skin color hair color and how much hair you want removed. It is necessary to wait four to six weeks in between treatments to ensure that the next group of follicles is active.
Laser Hair Reduction - Smooth Skin Wanted!
Laser hair reduction is the only way to permanently remove unwanted hair. With each treatment, significantly less hair grows back, resulting in permanent hair reduction. Once a follicle has been treated, hair will never grow back from that follicle again. You never have to shave, pluck or tweeze that particular hair again. However, maintenance treatments may be needed when inactive follicles become active.
Clients with fair skin and dark hair are the easiest to treat and typically need a fewer number of treatments… four to six. However, experienced technicians using the right laser (Syneron) can effectively treat dark skin patients. (link to the dark skin patients page) Dark skin patients typically need six to eight treatments.
What to Expect
- Under the supervision of our Medical Director, our licensed Medical Aesthetician will perform a complete medical history to make sure you are a good candidate for laser hair reduction treatments.
- We will determine your skin type based on the Fitzpatrick scale in order to determine the accurate laser settings.
- While lying on one of Ambrosia’s extra wide, heated reclining medical beds, your Medical Aesthetician clean the area to be treated with alcohol and a cotton bandage.
- Your Medical Aesthetician will then apply a gel (similar in feel to Aloe Vera gel) to the area to be treated.
- The tip of the laser will be placed on the surface of your skin. A cooling tip at the end of the laser cools the epidermis (outer layer of the skin). The light energy penetrates through the surface of the skin and is absorbed at the base of the hair follicle. As the laser fires, you will feel a sensation similar to a rubber band being snapped on the skin.
- Once the area has been treated your Medical Aesthetician will clean off the remaining gel and apply topical calming cream to your skin. Sun screen will also be applied before you leave the spa.
- Most clients note a minor redness and swelling at the treated site. This can last a few hours to a couple of days. Cool compresses can soothe any discomfort.
Frequently Asked Questions about Laser Hair Reduction
How much does laser hair reduction cost?
The cost depends on body part being treated, the amount of hair, skin tone, hair color and desired goals, which all factor into determining the number of treatments you’ll need. One upper lip treatment is just over $100, one full leg treatment is around $500 and one full back treatment is around $450. Other body parts fall somewhere in the middle and the number of treatments is typically between four and eight.
Is it permanent?
It is permanent hair reduction. Every person is different, therefore we can't promise complete hair removal but most experience 50-90% permanent hair reduction. Maintenance sessions may be necessary in some cases.
Is there any pretreatment?
You cannot pluck, wax, use a depilatory or have electrolysis in the areas you want to treat for 6 weeks prior to laser hair reduction. Do not tan the areas for 4 weeks prior to treatment. Avoid using self-tanning products for two weeks prior to treatment.
What post treatment is necessary?
You will need to wear sunscreen regularly during your laser treatment package and for six weeks after completing your packages. Avoid irritants for seven days after treatment.
Does it hurt?
There is minimal discomfort. It feels like a rubber band snap. Topical anesthesia can be used for areas that are more sensitive.