ArteFill is a dual acting injectable wrinkle filler. It contains 20% tiny round and smooth particles (PMMA microspheres) and 80% purified bovine collagen gel with 0.3 lidocaine, a common anesthetic. First, ArteFill visibly corrects the wrinkle. Then the micropheres provide the permanent support your skin needs for long lasting wrinkle correction. ArteFill is long lasting, feels natural, and is the first and only FDA approved non-resorbable injectable filler for the correction of wrinkles known as smile lines.
WHY CHOOSE ARTEFILL INJECTABLE WRINKLE FILLER?
Temporary injectable wrinkle fillers are made of different kinds of natural or synthetic materials that are broken down and eventually absorbed by your body. The unique microspheres in ArteFill are not absorbed by your body and work with your skin to produce collagen which provides the support your skin needs for natural, long lasting results.
- Treatments improve over the course of several months and stand the test of time.
- Has an excellent safety profile.
- Treatments are completed during a simple, in-office procedure.
- Provides immediate results for wrinkle correction allowing you to return to your normal daily activities.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Visit Ambrosia for a quick collagen skin test and then make an appointment to return in 4 weeks for treatment.
- If no reaction to the skin test was observed after four weeks, you may be treated with ArteFill that day.
- You’ll be slightly reclined in Ambrosia’s extra wide medical chair.
- No anesthesia is required. ArteFill contains an FDA approved anesthetic to improve the comfort of treatment.
- Ambrosia's Medical Director/Injection Specialist makes injections containing small amounts of ArteFill directly into the areas needing more volume.
- You may have a few red spots for about an hour.
- As soon as the treatment is finished, you can reapply make up and get on with your day.
- Return for a follow-up appointment in 4-6 weeks. At this time you and our Injection Specialist can decide if you would like to further enhance your results
WHERE IS ARTEFILL INJETED?
ArteFill is injected underneath the wrinkle, just above the skin’s fat layer. ArteFill provides the soft, supportive foundation that your skin needs for long lasting wrinkle correction.
Individual results may vary.
frequently asked questions about artefill
Is one ArteFill treatment enough to get the look I want?
Most people get the results they want with one or two treatments, depending on the depths of their wrinkles and folds. When you have your follow up appointment in, four to six weeks, you and our Medical Director/Injection Specialist can decide if you would like to further enhance your results. With ArteFill Progressive Enhancement (gradual wrinkle correction), our Medical Director/Injection Specialist can tailor your treatment program to meet your individual needs. This personalized approach helps to ensure that you get the look you desire.